Tuesday, June 15, 2010

San Diego

In May we took a family vacation to San Diego. It was the first trip that we have taken since Makayla joined our family. I can honestly say that I was pretty stressed out about the 10-12 hour drive but it actually went pretty good. We only had a few extra stops due to diaper change and massive spit up/clothes changes.
We had such a nice time out there. Since we have been to San Diego frequently we decided that this time would be all about relaxation. It was so nice to lounge around, swim at the pool, go to the beach and really not worry about any deadlines at all. Garrett and Makayla both LOVED the pool. I already knew that G-man liked to swim but I had no idea how much Makayla liked it. I unfortunately don't have any pics of her in the pool just of Garrett. One of the times we went to the pool Aunt Lonnie and her 2 boys Zane & Reid came down as well. Garrett loved being able to swim and hang out with his cousins.
We went to the beach 2 times during our trip and had a nice time. Garrett is still pretty hesitant about going into the ocean but he loved digging in the sand and making a sand castle (pile) with his dad.
Makayla wanted to be up doing everything that Garrett was doing but I was more hesitant to let her as she still has sensitive baby skin and I really didn't want to deal with sunburned baby. Instead she spent most of the time with Mom under a makeshift shaded area. Jordan and I both took her down to the beach and despite the water being cold she seemed to enjoy the water.
Jordan's parents were also in San Diego and they watched the kids for us one night so that we could go on a date. It was really nice to get away. We went down to the Oceanside Harbor and walked out on the jetty and while we were out there we saw a baby whale flicking it's tail in and out of the water, it was pretty cool. Then we walked along the beach, grabbed a bite to eat and some dessert and headed back to the condo.
We really did have a great time and I look forward to going back as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thx for the update. I love your pics. I'm jealous that you got to get away. Miss you! I should come out soon and I want to see you!

lauramunn said...

Looks like you had a way fun time!